Tuesday, May 17, 2011

CBRIII: Book#27: Bossypants by Tina Fey


I don't even know what to tell you about this book. I mean, if the fact that Tina Fey wrote it doesn't make you want to read it, nothing will. Also, you may be some kind of a walking turd. I don't know.
I didn't have any expectations going into the book, aside from the facts that:
1. Tina Fey is a DELIGHT and I LOVE HER.
2. I was going to laugh my ass off.
3. Everyone told me I must read this book. 

Other than that, I didn't know specifics of what Fey would cover or how. It turns out that Fey covers a little bit of everything, though not in any real depth. The less than 300 pages of the book wouldn't allow it. Does that upset me? No. Do I want her to write another book really, really soon? DEAR JAYSUS YES.

We learn that Fey uses her scar as a Douche Barometer of the people she meets. Her father, Don Fey, is a BADASS. She is just as neurotic as you or me. She is infinitely funnier than we could ever imagine. I laughed so many times that my six-year-old BEGGED to know what was making me laugh. Alas, the jokes are still over her head, but one day. One day...

THE END.

No comments:

Post a Comment